HalfKorean.com was founded by David Lee Sanders in April 1997.
I figure instead of a straight forward bio, I’ll just post random things about myself that you may (or may not… haha) find interesting.
* My parents met when my father was stationed in Korea (Army). They got married and came back to Texas. At that point he left the military. So I didn’t do the whole “army brat” thing.
* My mother is Korean (obviously) and my father is a Caucasian mixture. There is some Native American on my father side (from what I’ve been told) but how much and what tribe exactly I don’t really know. That is something I hope to be able to figure out at some point (more precisely the mixture on my father’s side).
* I was born in October of 1977 at Ft. Hood in Killeen, Texas.
Coincidentally, my father is a native Texan and his family primarily resides in Texas.
* I’ve lived in California, specifically the San Francisco Bay Area, practically my whole life. My family moved from Texas to California when I was around 1 year old.
* I’ve, unfortunately, only been to Korea twice. Once in the early 80s and the second time in the summer of 1999. I taught English at a hakwon (학원) for about a month and a half (in 1999).
* Although my middle name is Lee, it actually comes from my father’s side (not Korean). My mother’s family name is actually Kim (김).
* I have two younger brothers whom are 7 & 9 years younger than me.
* I’m happily married (since 2003) and have two young children (son born in 2004 and daughter in 2006).
* I graduated from San Jose State University (San Jose, CA) in 2001 with a degree in Business Administration/Management Information Systems (M.I.S.).